Sunday, November 11, 2007

My new BFF

For years I rejected even the notion of pharmaceuticals, holding onto some sort of false pride. After accepting the inevitable that I can not trust my self to focus on whatever task is at hand unless it's playing computer games or watching movies, I saw my trusty doctor. Apparently, I have ADHD, but since I'm 20, I'm far too old to have made the "Your kid has ADHD" trend.

Born after 1987? You've got ADHD.
Every gotten into trouble? ADHD.
Acting out in class? ADHD again.

I have to say, as skeptical as I was, these things are freaking great! I was up until 4 am last night writing a manifesto and learning French! Without Adderall, I was sluggish and run down all the time, choosing anti-social behavior over that of a stimulating nature. That's all changed. Come tomorrow, I shall own most rightiously in all of my classes and then retire for the evening with Disk 2 of my pirated "Learn French in your car."

Why French? Why the hell not. My pills are wearing off for the night, and I've got to get some sleep anyway.

Au revoir! Douche bags...

No comments: